Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church
2022 Grant Application now available
2022 Grant Application now available
GRANTS TO FIGHT THE EFFECTS OF POVERTY IN HART COUNTY
In these difficult times, many Hart County individuals and families continue to struggle. The members of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Hartwell, Georgia, are interested in partnering with non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations that provide services to those in need. To this end, the Outreach Committee of St. Andrew’s announces a Request for Proposals (RFP) to support local organizations that work to enable our residents to lift themselves out of poverty. Through this grant program, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life of the “neediest of the needy” and helping to end the generational cycle of poverty.
1. Areas of Funding Interest:
- Health and Human Services
- Hunger Relief
- Homeless Services
- Basic Literacy
- Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Vocational Services/Job Training
2. St. Andrew’s outreach mission is to help fight the effects of poverty in Hart County. As such, priority will be placed on projects that:
- Assist families in breaking the barriers of the causes of poverty and help them move toward self-sufficiency; and/or
- Help our most vulnerable residents learn the skills they need and/or receive opportunities they deserve to improve their quality of life.
3. Proposals are strongly encouraged that emphasize:
- Offering help earlier before higher-level problems occur, and/or
- Providing long-term support to prevent people from falling back into poverty.
4. Grants will be awarded ONLY to non-profit organizations that are tax-exempt 501(c)(3). Grants to individuals are NOT allowed.
5. Approximately 5 grants will be awarded this year, with a funding range of $500 to $1,000 per grant.
St Andrew's Believes in Outreach- Reaching Out into the Community
The St. Andrew’s Outreach Committee funds projects that affect poverty and social issues in our local community, the Diocesan concerns both national and international. Funds for Outreach are derived from earnings from the St. Andrew’s family. If you would like to help us you could donate to the church and on the memo line specify "Outreach". Members of our parish serve on this committee and prayerfully consider all needs in our community. We regularly support the local clothes closet, local shelter for Domestic Violence victims, humane society and the local food bank, as well as annually offering larger gifts in the form of grants to local ministries who work for feeding and serving the local community. We do not give to individuals at this time but choose to help those in need by giving to groups whose ministry is based right here in Hart County. We will have new grants available to apply for in early spring of 2022.
We collect regularly for the local food pantry here in Hartwell.
A group of dedicated knitters and crochet masters meet regularly to create beautiful prayer shawls. These are blessed and then given to church members at times of illness, life stresses, and bereavement. Work on shawls can be done in the group or at home. Let us know if you know of someone who could benefit from receiving one of our shawls.
The choir, under the leadership of Candy Pufall, is a group of dedicated music-lovers who used to meet weekly to support worship at St. Andrew’s. The choir sings SAB (soprano, alto, bass) anthems approximately every other week during the offertory collection. The ability to read music is not a requirement for membership, but the ability to match pitch is! The choir rehearses every Wednesday afternoon. The choir is also available to sing at funerals and special services.